Have you always wanted glowing and beautiful skin? Have you tried a number of skincare products but not noticed any improvement on the skin? Dermatologists recommend everyone to exfoliate their skin. It is one of the most important things you need to do in order to get young, glowing and beautiful skin.
Importance of exfoliation
It is important to understand the reason behind everyone asking you to exfoliate your skin. The skin constantly refreshes itself by producing new cells and discarding off the dead ones. This works perfectly when you are young but it slows down with age and that is when you need to pay extra attention to your skincare routine. As you age, the dead cells will remain on the skin and continue building up; this will make your skin look dull and lifeless regardless of your age. If you exfoliate regularly, you will be able to remove the layer of dead skin cells and allow your body to produce new and healthy cells.
Benefits of exfoliation
The biggest benefits of exfoliation have been explained here.
- You will notice anti-ageing benefits when you exfoliate your skin regularly.
- It eliminates the dead skin cells
- Allows better apsorbtion of skincare products
- Reduces the appearance of sun damage, wrinkles and large pores
- Increases oxygenation and gives a rosy glow to the skin
- Detoxifies the skin and improves the skin tone
- Stimulates the production of growth factors
- Plumps the skin by stimulating the production of collagen
- Clears acne and breakouts
- Accelerates the skin cell turnover which reduces as you age
- Improves the moisture balance of your skin by stimulating natural moisturizing factors.
How does it work?
Now that you have understood the benefits of exfoliation, it is important to understand how it works on your skin. It is a simple process of removing the dead skin cells from your skin. If you do not remove them, they will begin to pile up and cause the skin to look rough, dry and dull. With exfoliation, you are simply signaling the skin to start producing new cells. Exfoliation is very important as you age. The ability of the skin to produce new cells reduces and they pile up. But the time you are 50, your skin will take double the time to renew the cells than when you were 25.
The biggest advantage of exfoliation is to maintain beautiful and glowing skin. There are a number of products available in the market. With increasing number of brands and products, it can become difficult to choose the right one. You need to check the ingredients when you pick an exfoliator for yourself. Try out different options and choose the one that has had the best impact on your skin. The results may vary from one exfoliator to another. Your frequency to exfoliate will vary according to the age, skin type and the results you achieve with each process of exfoliation. The best way to figure out a schedule is by starting the process once a week.